Guidelines for keeping child at home
1. Fever of 100.5F or above within 24 hours of attending school. Children must be fever free for 24 hours prior to school entry.
2. Antibiotics should be given for at least 24 hours prior to school entry if they have been prescribed.
3. Vomiting or diarrhea within 24 hours of school.
4. Red, itchy eyes with or without drainage. Conjunctivitis should be treated with prescribed drops for 3 doses prior to re-entry to school.
5. Any unusual rash until proper diagnosis is made.
6. Copious nasal secretions (age 2 thru Kindergarten particularly) as it is often difficult for the very young student to manage this problem in a hygienic manner and without spreading germs to others.